Board Certified Doctor Information
Medical School: Universidad De’ Costa Rica, Costa Rica.
Residency: All Children’s Hospital/ Tampa General, Tampa Florida.
Clinical Interest: Allergies (specially food allergies), Asthma.
Languages: English, Spanish
Board Certified in Pediatrics since 2005.
Prior to joining POCF Dr. Bumgarner was in Private Practice in Naples, Florida since 2008.
Specialities & Qualifications
Pediatricians treat children, infants, and adolescents. They are trained to meet the unique needs of children, through all of their developmental stages, as they grow and mature.
Subspecialities: General Pediatrics
Education & Medical Training
University of South Florida
Residency , Pediatrics
Universidad de Costa Rica Faculty of Medicine
Certifications & Licensure
American Board of Pediatrics
Certified in Pediatric
– Newborn exams at St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital
– Newborn screening/PKU/bilirubin level
– Frenotomy (tongue-tie)
– Dermabond and some suture placement/removal
– ADD/ADHD evaluation and treatment
– Rapid testing for strep, mono, flu, pregnancy
– Urinalysis, Hemoccult
– Blood draws in the Office (lead, anemia, thyroid,
– Blood type testing
– RAST allergy testing
– Asthma/allergy and spirometry
– Wart removal/Histofreeze
– Completion of forms (school, camp, daycare)
– Ear piercing
– Wellness programs
– Obesity/Weight Loss and Management programs
with certified nutritionist, psychologist, personal
trainer and pediatrician.